Cartrefi Hafod

As part of Hafod, a registered social landlord with over 50 years’ experience managing, letting and maintaining properties, we provide temporary housing solutions for homeless families and individuals referred to us by the local authority.

Cartrefi Hafod source properties from private landlords to use as temporary accommodation. If you are a private landlord, and are interested in leasing your property, see below for further information.

Private landlords

Why lease with Cartrefi Hafod?

Guaranteed rent

No set up fees or costs

Full management service

Over 50 years housing experience

Long term lease

We reduce homelessness

24/7 repairs service

Garden maintenance service



Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.

How long can I lease my property?

We offer one to three year lease agreements.

How is my rent paid?

Landlords are offered a guaranteed rental income for the duration of the contract, paid monthly in arrears. This includes full management service and 24/7 repairs service, irrespective of any void periods and rent arrears.

What does the full management service include?

We will undertake all tenancy management functions, such as rent collection, repairs, re-lets, property inspections and where necessary we will undertake court proceedings as part of this service. You will not be charged for any of these as it’s all part of our hassle free service.

As the landlord, what am I still responsible for?

Landlords remain responsible for all structural and external repairs and fixtures and fittings. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the relevant gas and electrical safety checks are carried out annually, however, we are able to assist with this. We can also provide quotes and contractors to undertake landlord repairs making it even easier for you.

If you would like more information on how you can lease your property with us and help to reduce homelessness in Wales, contact us today.

Tenant FAQs


Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.

How long will I be resident in the temporary accommodation?

This is dependent on when you receive a permanent offer of accommodation through your local authority.

For further information you should contact your homelessness caseworker at your local authority.

Will my housing benefit be paid directly to me?

No, as you are now in temporary accommodation your housing benefit will be paid directly to us, as your landlord. However, it is your responsibility to ensure your housing benefit payments are being made and that you update the local authority of any change of circumstances i.e. starting work.

How do I pay my rent/service charge?

If housing benefit does not cover all of your rent, you will need to make a personal contribution which includes any service charges or deductions.

There are a number of ways you can pay, which you can read about here. For example, you can use an Allpay card at any PayPoint or you can set up a direct debit or bank transfer. If you need any further help, please contact customer services on 0800 024 8968 who will be able to help.

How do I report a repair?

All repairs are to be reported within 24 hours of you becoming aware of them. This is to ensure we can investigate and rectify them in a timely manner.

You can report a repair in the following ways:

  • Use our Hafod 24/7 app which is available on Android and Apple devices
  • Complete a short online form here
  • Contact customer services on 0800 024 8968

If your repair is an emergency and occurs out of office hours please contact us on 0800 024 8968.

What about my keys?

We will provide you with one set of keys to access your property. You are encouraged to have a spare set cut.

If you happen to lose your keys, you can contact our customer service team on 0800 024 8968 who will arrange to provide you with a spare. Please note, you will be recharged the cost of the replacement.

Who is responsible for utilities?

You are responsible for paying the utilities including gas, water, electricity, TV licence and council tax. Please contact your neighbourhood housing coach if you require assistance setting these up.

What happens when I get an offer of permanent accommodation?

We ask that you provide us with 4 weeks notice in writing when you are preparing to leave the property. During this time, your neighbourhood housing coach will conduct an inspection to give you the best advice on how the property must be left and how to return your keys.

Can you help me with moving out?

If you have left your property in good condition, as per your contract, there are a number of ways in which we can assist with the move on.

Please speak directly to your neighbourhood housing coach who will discuss the possibility of hiring a removal van or providing vouchers to assist you in your new home.

Contact us